OCV octaviar limited

asx knocks back octaviar accounts, page-6

1. 129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    NavyGulf,
    As far as I know you can sell your shares while suspended or halted. I certainly plan to do that. Arriving at a proper price is a different matter, and you are usually advised against this because of the unknown price. The ATO may query you on this issue and I would try to get something in writing from broker, or at least some published valuations. I have seen 30c mentioned in the newspapers. If it's going to your wife or partner the money does not matter anyway. Just don't write zero just yet.

Re OCV I would wait and see. I am rather more optimistic about the Company. Remember they will be putting the worst case up for starters, and I know CS said it was bad. And I don't think they could get $600m for the Stella remnant - but they might get something nearer $400m. After all CVC have already made a heap on it and might be prepared to make a fairer offer to keep OCV solvent. Anything less is pretty useless. I agree that if there is any way to sell off their funds management portfolios then that should be urgently followed up. CS and the others will be exploiting every avenue I'm sure. What we are looking for is a glimmer of a chance in the NEXT financial update. However I agree that the Challenger legal action is the main threat at the moment. They too are looking shakey and may not care who they can hurt at the moment. We can only hope that some smooth talking can sort that out before it gets to a legal stoush. Anything legal will drain them right out I'm sure.

Perhaps BB can put some feelers out and see what CS and the Board are up to. That's if he can stop firing daggers at Peacock and the others. He must realize that the seeds for this debacle were set long, long ago. The model used in the funds management business was defective, and I knew that ages ago. We'll see soon enough.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.