asx - last 100 years, page-10

1. pj
    2,090 Posts.
    re: link for asx stock indexes charts Jaysee

Where do you dig these numbers up from please, my search skills on Bigcharts do not seem to have turned them up - I know gold is 38099902, thanks to Nickoo, but I would really like silver please?? Also au:xao works fine on Bigcharts but I have been unable to dig up the Nikkei.

The century chart (or similar) to which redabyss is referring to can be viewed in pdf format at

http://www.asx.com.au/about/pdf/AllOrds.pdf

They have recently updated this and it is easier to see than the previous one. I don't think 1000 is likely based as the shift I feel sure is due to dividend imputation, an event conveniently left off the chart but which for most people theoretically doubled the value of all fully franked share dividends - but this factor seemed to get lost in the great bull run 1975 - 1987. I waited for ages for the second leg of the 1987 crash and it was years before I woke up to why it never happened.

So the XAO can hit bottom trend line at 2200 if it happens soon otherwise it can hit it by going sideways for a few years more or just redraw the lines slightly leaving out the first half of the century and the 1975 aberration and the whole thing can be deferred - after all at year 2005 all around 4000 - 4500 is the top of the current not quite so long term trend channel in place since 1990.

So take your pick

pj

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.