FAR 1.98% 49.5¢ far limited

Given the size of Woodside (WPL) and the fact they are an ASX...

1. 287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Given the size of Woodside (WPL) and the fact they are an ASX 100 company with a market capitilasiation of A$24billion, one would consider they know a bit about the ASX listing rules and the penaties for false and or misleading information!

For WPL to announce via Media Release outside of the ASX platform (after announcement closure 7.00pm DST 29/10) that they have closed the deal to secure the 35% share that Conoco had in the Senegal assets leads me to think WPL have in fact concluded the transaction.

Concluding the transaction may not be the end of the mater if there is a legal dispute in the courts relative to the way this transaction was conducted within the Joint Venture Operating Agreement.

Global transactions in the E&P industry by the very nature of foreign sovereignty are always a legal nightmare and WPL make no mention of requiring the sanction of the Senegal Government and therefore one wonders if this has already be exercised.

This may now be a battle that my (WPL) legal advice is better than yours (FAR) and I have more money to invest than you in this matter!

Global E&P companies play for keeps and don't take prisoners.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
-0.010(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $45.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.5¢ 50.5¢ 49.5¢ $94.59K 189.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 69438 49.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 22471 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.