HCG 5.00% 1.9¢ helicon group limited

asx mandatory trading suspension??

1. 113 Posts.
    Spoke to Helicon about the trading suspension coming AFTER the release of the ANN about Helicon aquiring the Peru mine - which in effect reversed a HUGE uptrend. At the time of the trading suspension the SP was rising sharply and was trading over 60% above opening price, rising from 8c at the time of the ANN, to 13.5 c at the time of the suspension, only 30 minutes later.

After a 5 day wait before opening trading again, the SP immediately dropped over 30%, finishing at 18% below opening price, then dropped another 10% the following day, as by then it was old news and everyone had moved on.

Helicon stated that it was the ASX that placed a mandatory trading suspension on the stock - not Helicon placing a trading halt.

I will be enquiring to the ASX about this, the share price manipulation, and the resultant massive losses. Myself and a bunch of others bought in at 13.5c just prior to close, obviously not anticipating a trading suspension and subsequent price manipulation. Will let you know what ASX says. My opinion is that ASX ballsed up, and the new ANN should have come AFTER the trading halt. Will put it to the ASX and Helicon to re-issue as it was supposed to be issued, and let you know the outcome.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HCG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.