XJO 0.86% 7,829.7 s&p/asx 200

ASX Morning call 17th August

1. 3,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    Yesterdays plan was to take advantage of volatility and inefficiencies caused by options expiry. And it worked fantastic completed in a couple of 5min bars.

Yesterdays trade ground up all day and closed Wednesdays closing gap. Has not done a whole lot tonight. Dow and JP225 are up significantly from the lows 600-500 points but the NAS looked to have been sold off during the session indicating some weak Tech.

I am going to keep it simple today look for pump and dump Friday. This is a market structure I do not like. Above a long term sideways price channel closed on the highs. Not positive till it gets above 6360 and not negative till is gets below 6284. That is nearly 100 point range of no mans land where trade is just random.

I expect the closing gap to close at pre-open a quick spike up there too risky for me to fade and cash can build above the prev day high and stops likely above 6333 which can go off. If I am going to trade a spike anywhere near the prev day high need the closing gap below to act as a magnet.

Ultimately if 6360 goes selling R3 for 10 points will be good 6398.

ASX 17 AUG 18.JPG
    Last edited by Owenb79: 17/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.