XJO 0.86% 7,829.7 s&p/asx 200

ASX Morning call 9 OCT, page-52

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Hello Anne, redbacka, Owenb79

I invest too. We all make our own decisions based on our research. I am always so grateful that redbacka, Owenb79, pinozi and others share their opinions and provide charts etc. These are great people. Giants.

Redbacka is so true about the Zen. I try to read and understand all I can bear. Every now and again there is what redbacka terms 'enlightenment'. I see it as reaching a point at which 'you know that you know' a certain outcome is very highly likely. I try to learn to recognise it.

For this downturn I was lucky to have started selling some of my good gainers through September. Then the bearish rising wedge presented a fabulous opportunity to continue selling. I sold about one third of my portfolio and did very little buying.

I may have picked some wrong stocks to sell; STO has risen since I sold, BHP (was 20% of my portfolio, now 0%) has dropped only a little from my BHP sales a week back. Similarly for MPL, ORA and SHL.

I will be buying back in, especially BHP and hopefully at a lower price than I sold. I hate it when my hard won gains evaporate. It is great to lock the gains in. And dividends had already been paid. Similarly my super is in cash for September and October so far. I have given myself the problem of trying to recognise a good re-entry point. I may be doing the wrong thing.

Thanks again redbacka, Owenb79, pinozi and others and good luck to all. We all make our own decisions based on our research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.