XJO 1.39% 7,575.9 s&p/asx 200

Yesterday I wanted to sell a lot higher but looks like the...

1. 3,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188

Yesterday I wanted to sell a lot higher but looks like the retrace from the lows is running out or steam. I did get some of the 25 point drop as the futures market reopened by selling half an hour before. Its something well known among professional index traders that a bunch of dividend adjustments are going to weigh on derivatives which the XJO futures market is.

Today is pump and dump Friday. The last day to buy shares going ex-dividend on Monday. Over 20 points will come off the index and you can see 100-200 point rise in the index just to get the 20 points or whatever % the stock is paying. I have never got on the divi band wagon because you need a lot of money and suits the larger firms that only look for 0.5% returns a month. But if you understand what is going on you can make some money and one of the reasons I have been looking for sells that a slightly further from fair value than normal.       

Today I will look to sell around yesterdays high cbol area. Hope it gets in the first 1.5hrs of trade. Looking for 10-20 points. 

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1350/1350352-f982e9207aae6247920463be72f6663e.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.