NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

(ASX:NWE) Among WA Billionaires at foot of world-class gas play, page-495

1. 5,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 966
    As MIN has the opportunity to take acceptances and also buy on market it is interesting that the NWE share price isn't trading at the equivalent value. This should be around 6.8c for NWE shares at present.

I am wondering if MIN (or their agent as instructed) have breached the take over regulations as per the Act.

Within the Act, they must not let shareholders to receive value that would be detrimental to what is being offered.

As such, if MIN (or their agent) has been buying NWE shares below the equivalent market value of MIN share prices at the time when the equivalent value would be greater, then I would suggest this constitutes a breach and might invalidate the takeover.

Additionally, the Act states MIN cannot dispose of their shares in NWE during the takeover. As such this is likely to extend to their agent(s). If MIN or their agents are manipulating the share price by keeping it lower by having sell orders lower than the takeover value it again is detrimental to the shareholders of NWE then this would again constitute a breach.

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in pursuing this line of thought?
    Last edited by Ewebute: 02/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.