Hmmm ... so how do we compete with the "big boys" when the ASX...

1. 174 Posts.
    Hmmm ... so how do we compete with the "big boys" when the ASX appears to be accepting this now as "the norm"?
    I totally disagree with the use of this type of trading as it certainly does give an unfair advantage to all others who do not have access to this type of trading technique. Surely the ASX dont think we are that nieve that we would believe this does not give them an advantage over other traders and mum + dad investors do they?
    Why pay a substantial amount of money to be able to trade this way otherwise ( Oh, and i know there are some who would advise that the brokers only use this legitimately to trade small parcels to amalgamate a potential larger purchase by a client but we all have seen those massive amount of small trades of the same amount that consistently happen throughout the day ... amalgamating parcels... yeah right!).

On a side note I spoke to one of my brokerage friends over a few beers who, even though he was joking initially, came up with an idea that is food for thought.
    He advised that he could setup his own brokerage firm and then get everyone from hotcopper who is willing to chip in to purchase the licence to allow this trading. All members who chipped in would have access to a server thru either a VPN connection or similiar and have free reign on buying and selling identical to the big boys. Im not exactly sure how the licence works and what restrictions are in place but if anyone knows where i can gather info on this it would be much appreciated.
    How does the old adage go " If you cant beat em, join em"...

On the flip side, if this was setup I would be doing the exact thing that i believe is morally reprehensible and therefore would put myself on the same level as those i believe are rorting the system. So i suppose in a world where morals are slowly becoming a thing of the past, where would your stance be on this? ... would you continue as is and continue to but your head against a brick wall with the ASX and ASIC or would you try and give the ASX a wake-up call by setting up a legitimate brokerage firm allowing the masses to trade just like the "big boys"?
    I would be interested to see the reaction from the ASX if everyone started using this technique. Should they attempt to stop this then it would give everyone the indication there was some type of unfair advantage given to a certain few...

And if i have written anything that may be a breach of this forum ( and in all honesty my intention was not to mention anything that may be a breach but Im a little unsure ) i apologise to the forum moderators in advance ( who do a great job ) and accept any punishment without any ill feelings...

Good luck to all in your trading

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.