AFG 0.72% $1.38 australian finance group ltd

Im also not happy with the way results announced. Ive been...

1. 301 Posts.
    Im also not happy with the way results announced. Ive been looking to see if announcement made daily over the last week or so. As a battered shareholder, Ive been on an emotional rolercoaster over the past week or so - trying to understand what is truth/rumour/likely outcome. Today, a day I have to be in a meeting in the morning, they announce results & bang - the share price crashes in a heap. By the time I got to my screen, noticed the share price collapse & then printed off the report & then have to make some sort of logical decision (hold, lighten or get out alltogether)- in this timeframe is ridiculous. Why couldnt they announce of friday with trading commencing on Mon or something? The thing I really hate about AFG is the total contempt for the average shareholder. We have been told constantly everything is fine. So in blind faith we hang on, long term investment, company is misunderstood & will bounce once market understands future potential. So today I log on at 10.30am & share price is barely over $1. What to do? Bought at $10 - now $1 & looking rather like the bottom still some way to go. I sell.
    Tonight I read the reports in some detail. Constant reference to dislocation, unanticipated etc. Not good enough I reckon. No admission of poor recent decisons with Rubicon, power asset acquisition & putting co at risk with large margin loan. Market sentiment has been poor for months & they have done nothing to arrest this. I question previous announcements intended to reassure market. I wonder if a class action could get up. Lots of anomolies with this one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.38
Change
-0.010(0.72%)
Mkt cap ! $373.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.40 $1.41 $1.38 $398.2K 285.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12254 $1.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.39 15493 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.