WBT 1.21% $2.51 weebit nano ltd

OK I hear this argument a lot and I really can't understand the...

1. 222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 279
    OK I hear this argument a lot and I really can't understand the logic, so if someone could care to explain that would be great.

I don't see how brokers can manipulate the price down by doing lots of small orders, because I would ultimately argue that price ultimately ends up where supply and demand meet. Simple economics.

As an example, let's say WBT's price is at $3.50 as it was in the middle of Oct. If the demand is there, then there is no way that selling little orders can drive the price down because there will be a wall of buyers lining up at whatever price the market deems fair to stop that happening.

There is no way that brokers can drive the price to its current level of $3 if that price is not deemed by the market to be fair, because otherwise buyers would step in and see value and gobble those little sell orders straight up. The fact that this hasn't happened and that price has headed back to $3 means that people are either taking profit off the table, or doing whatever analysis they do to come up with the end result that price should be lower.

I just don't get the other argument. Maybe I'm dumb, but it don't make sense. To me, price is ultimately reflective of where demand meets supply

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.