NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

asx 'short sales' data not meaningful..why?, page-6

1. 66 Posts.
    sydney guy..

apologies if i seemed rude..i was attempting to help others incl you ...NOT DO..what u suggested i was doing...ASSUME

i agree..'never assume'..as u stated as per below..quoted from your reply...

"....assumptions are often the mother of all F%%% ups in trading."

Re 'short sales' 'data'...from asx...i stand by my comments. It is NOT meaningful..so i was trying to say do NOT assume that mkt is real short just b'c that what the data u were quoting says. It is simply next to useless as it is not a fair reflection of geniune 'positions' for reasons i tried to explain.

As for..."When the numbers in the report are building daily and in some circumstances very large .."...

...read again my post. It is 'cumulative' as if a trader/hedgefund/institution etc shorts..and reports it...they never actually report when they cover..so..it will still show them short when they may actually be squ or long..make sense?

One of the posts (not sure if yours) suggested the 'mkt' was short near 20% of sh on issue...remmber 10% is max allowable TOTAL (among everyone) short position..well used to be and think still would be..so ..it CAN NOT be 20%...that is due to the reason i state above..cumulative...but 'covering longs' never reported.

I was simply trying to 'help' you and the others..understand..the shortcomings of looking at 'short data' in austr. It may be a 'guide' for 'sentiment'..(i doubt it) ..but it 100% is no guide of ACTUAL positions.
    As such ..i did not want people to be focussing on such statistics..you are misinformed. sorry...but u are if u believe they mean anything.

I would love to be able to see such information on shorts that was 'realistic'...but we can not.

The only way to tell/guage/guess...is via another method..that is not published but maybe should be..can u guess what that would be?

And..i really do not care how 'big' a trader you are. It is not the point...but given u mentioned 'i am big enough to take insto placements'...you should know better about short selling reality. (and the rules to b'c 'big' enough to be prof/sophisticated..really are not that onerous).

Remember..the 'market is always bigger than you'...no matter how big you are..really..it is.

Re u say i said bonds signalling collapse in equities and 'massive' rally in usd??...when / where did i say/post.??

I suggested that because the US Bonds and USD been highly correlated of late..all year...that b'c the US Bonds were rallying...that 'could' cause the USD to rally..and if so,,then commods likely fall...didn't i???? i as far as i know never said equities major collapse??????

and..re bonds..and if u your post that u would have missed the rally if watched bonds...???
    ...bonds were one of the 'indicators' suggesting the rally...it was opposite to now...
    ..i suggest if u go and look back..you will see bonds started FALLING...just before equities rallied...so...

...bonds WERE a great sign...look again at what happenned.

Remmeber...i am new..and was only trying to HELP...and i stand by what i posted...and it has started working...as u may have noticed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.