XJO 0.31% 7,850.7 s&p/asx 200

My arguments on short selling are only as they relate to the...

1. 408 Posts.
    My arguments on short selling are only as they relate to the markets for shares in limited liability coys. Currency and commodity computer programs (and their concepts) should have no place in sharemarket trades. Algorithm generated bots, sub-second responses, abolition of minimum trade orders were the start of the rot, particularly as applied to markets lacking depth and with occasionally wide spreads that gap creating huge volatility.

The ASX has been sheep like in following the "masters" in London, Hong Kong and New York - shame on them.

Yes to dropping all futures, multi-listings, indexisation, lending, borrowing, shorting of coy shares. You should only have two options - to buy or to sell. Anything else undermines the essence of capitalism, sanctity of limited liability, and concept of coy director responsibility.

And as for all the ASX puritans who keep the market anonymous - we should know who is buying and who is selling coy shares. And if the ASX perpetrate this nonsensical shorting palava obviously we need to know whether the sales are real transfers of voting power or a short.

You should have to manage your risk in the sharemarket by insisting of being informed and being able to depend on directors integrity. And buying, holding or selling. If everyone had to do this we would not have to worry about market liquidity...what rubbish when we hear that the underlying market in OZ is trillions of transactions - many times more than the ASX recognises.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.