AYN 0.00% 0.1¢ alcyone resources ltd

asx silver stocks.. .. rare as hens' teeth

1. 24,765 Posts.
    Silver is giving every impression of going ballistic and moving towards its more traditional 15 to 1 ratio with gold - that would mean a silver price of over US$90 dollars an ounce with US$1390 gold.

If I am right that silver is going to rise far, far quicker than gold, then the few ASX listed silver stocks will explode upwards due to demand chasing such a limited supply.

AYN's last resource upgrade was on the 29th. March last year - over 15 million ounces at 79 g/t silver using a 40 g/t cut off. Another resource upgrade is expected soon. I expect a significant increase.

The higher silver price alone will increase these resources. But AYN has also done plenty of drilling since then and returned some sensational results in the hundreds of g/t.

See the December quarterly at
    http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110112/pdf/41w4thy91yyhjc.pdf
    where cash costs of just $A13.50 an ounce are anticipated for a 1.5 million to 2 million ounces a year mine which is expected to start this year.

Funding is in place. There is no debt and no hedging limiting price upside. But as further protection AYN has purchased puts over 770,000 ounces at $A27.00 and ounce, guaranteeing that minimum price with full 100% upside to price rises.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AYN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.