88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

ASX Today, page-8277

1. 2,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1436
    I wouldn't get too hung up on the semantics.....but the reality is that all markets have players seeking to manipulate things to their advantage. Typically within the rules, sometimes on the boundaries of the rules and occasionally (hopefully, only occasionally) beyond the rules. Often they leave their tracks for those who are experienced enough to track them. By and large they don't bother me as they are a reality of life and are just helping the somewhat Darwinian process of separating wealth from the foolish.

So, to me, the bigger point is the fertile ground provided by punters for these 'manipulators' to hunt and feast on. Particularly in smaller caps, penny stocks and speculative plays. 88e currently hits the trifecta, so plenty of game to be hunted. Actually, IMO, 88e is more attractive for the 'manipulators' as it not only has the trifecta, but it is a play that is not understood by many participants.

On face value we are an oil explorer, but scratching below the surface is helpful in understanding the play and hence being resistant to the antics of the manipulators. Or better still, being able to benefit from the antics of the manipulators. IMO, scratching below the surface uncovers two things: a) the finish line is when we have proven that we have an economically viable play; and b) proving this is not about 'discovering oil', as it is undeniably there - it is about the battle between technology/engineering and geology, in getting it out of the ground in a commercially viable manner.

While I think the market (including the sheeple end of the market) has cottoned on to point a)....it has not yet assimilated point b). The reaction to yesterdays announcement is QED on that. But it is something that the market is going to need to understand, as the benefits of the 'shale revolution', which is in essence technological innovation to get to more oil and get it out cheaper and get it to pump out longer, is applied to Icewine. After all, the whole concept of drilling horizontally and then fracturing and stimulating the shale while propping open the fractures with proppants is applying technology to unlock the barriers presented by geology. So why stop there? There is plenty of technology that is unknown to us lay participants, that may be deployed. If not now then soon. If not then, then eventually.

Yet if Dave announces tomorrow that they will deploy one of these to assist the flowback of Fracc Juice, cue the market panic. Yet all that has happened is that we are progressing to point a) via point b).

Go figure!! All IMO and DYOR. GLTALTH's.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $1.42K 705.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
217 215248169 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 592228052 205
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.