88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

In theory, every step employed in the hydrolic fracturing...

1. 86 Posts.
    In theory, every step employed in the hydrolic fracturing (sexier term being fracking) process, which you can view on YouTube, can be responsible for any well-specific problems, but practically in our case it is "the in-situ water that may be blocking the hydrocarbon molecules from being able to flow through the reservoir" as stated in the Operation Update (10th July). Why can water do this? Well, it all comes down to physical chemistry of how polar water molecules interact with non-polar hydrocarbon molecules, as well as hydrodynamics of water surface tension around small apertures (pores), which Juno have touched on.

Remember, fracking is not an exact science, my violinist-turn petroleum-engineer friend likes to compare it with playing an instrument - to make your music suit your audience's taste, you need to fiddle with your instrument, fine tuning the notes that everyone else plays in a way that just works for your followers. And that's art, and that's what decides who have tons of followers, and who cannot make a living in classic music. And in our case, engineers need to work out how to fine tune the whole process to make the fracking process work for this well and the future ones. Remember this is a test well on a new play, it will take a little time to get there. But we know we have an ocean of hydrocarbon down there, engineers on site just need to work out the best and most efficient way to get them out.

I hope this helps.

All the best to true believers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $8.439K 2.923M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
151 213899277 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 654956572 196
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.