LTR 1.61% $1.23 liontown resources limited

Yes @anatol I think what you say makes a lot of sense. I suspect...

1. 1,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3158
    Yes @anatol I think what you say makes a lot of sense. I suspect we and others have plenty of other scenarios as well we can bring forward. I was part of the KDR experience and the similarities are obvious but, as many posters here have recently said, there are also massive differences. The LTR management and the clear very bright future of lithium being the two most obvious. All I would add is that if I were TG and TO and wanted to accelerate a LTR refinery and even battery making then WES is probably the best partner. They have the expertise and experience and TO has indicated that a JV in this area was possible. It is largely what they do and are best at it in Australia. Having them as JV partner in refining and then battery making makes a lot of sense as it will hugely speed up the process, reduce the likelihood of any poor decisions (which TO is very big one avoiding) and will allow LTR to keep 100% control of the resource.

So if I was TG and TO, I would say to WES, who I suspect would be very keen in the idea, to buy a large stake in the LTR, say around 5% on market and get a Board position and then we can talk from there. That is what WES could be doing and of course they are trying to buy their stake as cheaply as they can, and who can blame them for that. LTR will just be worth more in due course. So I doubt WES is stupid enough to try a hostile take over, they are wanting to impress the LTR board and take a position to be a JV partner in the future and head anyone else off, who might have the same aspirations, at the pass. That is what I think could be happening here, but it is pure speculation on my part. The signs do add up a little though. If I am correct then shortly, as anatol has said the SP will rocket because the WES buying will be revealed and the market will go berserk. Let's hope. We shall see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
-0.020(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $2.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.20 $1.24 $1.19 $7.736M 6.340M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 43813 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 5420 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.80 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.19 $1.24 $1.19 1783026
Last updated 15.59pm 01/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.