LTR 2.50% 78.0¢ liontown resources limited

@wingedwarrior"I'd be interested to know where/how one can learn...

1. 5,962 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20803
    @wingedwarrior

"I'd be interested to know where/how one can learn if ones own broker service is involved in loaning out shares at all? Is there a register of broking platforms which DO loan other peoples shares and those which DON'T get involved in such unhelpful practices?"

I don't think so they would give you any info like that. This unethical shorting issue is a one of the "destructive creativity" tools of stock and other financial markets. So everything is organised to work well for them. However you can ask to CMC Markets.

The only solution is not to sell anything to them.

It's obvious that they are accumulating LTR and other lithium shares. They are not interested in making small loss in their shorts. They can make say some loss in shorts while they are driving the sp down but they main aim is to accumulate shares at low price. that's what I understood from the short graphs on my previous post.

They are buying more than they shorted according to the short charts.

For example say that they want to accumulate 100m shares.
    Their ave. accumulation price may be $1.50 when they short the stock and accumulate low prices. If they wouldn't short their ave. accumulation price would be $2.50 for 100m stock.

The difference here is $100m.

Say they lost $20m while shorting.
    They still save $80m by shorting and accumulating.

And 100m stock is nothing. I think they want much more than that, which is not available.

Anyway, let's see what happens when they can't find any stock to buy.
    Last edited by anatol: 22/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
78.0¢
Change
-0.020(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $1.891B
Open High Low Value Volume
79.5¢ 81.5¢ 77.5¢ $7.861M 9.908M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 54923 78.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
78.5¢ 25000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.