LTR 2.16% 90.5¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-29178

1. 2,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2149

Just reporting what was said on the call. Agree, his words have less effect as time goes on and we get used to his loose tongue, and at times inaccurate assessments. I have a son on the spectrum; he is brilliant at maths but he is not brilliant across all topics and lacking general knowledge in many areas.
    I sensed some pressure on Tesla on the call. Their margins have contracted from 28% to 18% and they don't have a handle on material costs. Of course they want the lithium price down. I shouldn't underestimate the man. It was quite possibly intentional.
    They weren't able to confirm 2mil car deliveries for this year, current estimate 1.8mil. Their current strategy is focussed on growth rather than maintaining margins. They are still making 10k profit per vehicle, so still have the ability to grow and squeeze out competition.
    If we look beyond their comments, their growth focussed strategy is very positive for lithium demand over the next few years, particularly as new supply struggles to keep up. I think the base price stays around 3-4k/tonne and I don't discount retesting previous highs.
    Over the longer term, we don't really want Tesla's growth strategy to squash out the competition. A healthy lithium market sees several OEMs succeeding.
    G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
90.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $2.194B
Open High Low Value Volume
91.0¢ 93.5¢ 89.0¢ $26.09M 28.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 472933 90.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.5¢ 446423 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.