LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

@ScarpaOf course sulphate is easier to export than hydroxide....

1. 5,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19114
    @Scarpa
    Of course sulphate is easier to export than hydroxide. That was told by TO on his preso that hydroxide is not easy to transport. We also discussed that here years ago.

And of course sulphate would sell at least 50% of the hydroxide monohydrate price because it's going to be 40% grade, not like 99.8% hydroxide.

I don't agree with this "Lithium carbonate is actually cheaper to produce from brines as against hard rock". No it's only valid for Atacama projects of SQM and Albemarle as that resource is unique in the world and their by product potash is lowering their cost. Others like Olaroz of AKE has US$ 4,840 lithium carbonate cost (see their last preso). That is nearly same to lithium hyd cost of LTR given on the DFS.

Actually hard rock is the primary resource for lithium. Brine is a secondary resource, which is lithium carried by thermal waters through the rocks. So when you get a spod rock in your hand it's being the most pure version of lithium. In brines, you have to remove a lots of other minerals.

For today, they are using evaporation method to get that lithium cheap. That is a very unfair method for environment. I don't think they will be allowed to that for long.

That's why DLE is being forced to take place of evaporation method but it's a very costly process if they can achieve to do that.

First of all you can make any form of lithium chemical with spodumene rock as it is the primary form of lithium. You can make anything. Its only about the cost.

Anyway, when it comes to the graphic you posted, it's exactly proves what I said.

There is too much lithium carbonate usage in legacy section as it happens today.

Then in the advanced section it decreases a lot and lith hyd. takes the place.

Then in the next frontier section, lith. hydroxide is also decreasing a little bit while carbonate is decreasing significantly. And sulphide comes to the stage together with lithium metal.

It looks like that the lithium supply will be more complex than today.

That's why I said I agree 100% with LTR management for not pushing the company towards to lith. hydroxide path.

I am not saying Lith. Hydroxide will diminish, but LTR should produce spodumene concentrate and lith. sulphate then it will have a wider market to sell its products.

Other important things is, LTR will grow by finding new resources and starting new lithium mine projects, which means we will not leave the ground at the upstream sector and slip down to downstream, which would be dangerous for us.

The world needs and will need a lot of lithium, we are the experts to discover, develop and process it. Let's do what we know best.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5547/5547830-913674e52ee62e88aad2f78a37805a6c.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.994B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $7.836M 6.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39539 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 12600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.