LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

I don't think this much buying is for building a blocking stake....

1. 5,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19114
    I don't think this much buying is for building a blocking stake. There is nothing to block atm. For blocking a takeover offer it has to be a hostile takeover offer.

ALB's offer is accepted by LTR's BOD and it's a friendly offer atm.

Only 75% of shares would be enough to approve ALB 's takeover, but plus 50.01% of shareholder heads needed.

Anyone who has the 10% can't come up and say I'm blocking the offer. So there is no way to block the offer atm. This is what I know, if wrong please correct me.

Therefore I'm strongly thinking that the buying today by Gina's company is for building a stake at cheap price before making a counter offer.

Albemarle’s offer is it’s “Best and final” offer, unless a superior offer is made. If Gina makes a higher offer then ALB has to make a higher offer if ALB wants LTR.

Due Diligence of ALB at this time doesn't matter. It can't stop Gina's higher bid.

I'm saying Gina here because we know now that it's Gina was buying today. I'm nearly sure Chris Ellison (MIN) is behind her because they act together, and CE is the expert in lithium business. So Gina must be consulting with CE. Very powerful double. I also don't think that CE would have any trouble with his partnership with ALB because he is involved in LTR's takeover with Gina. It's just business and ALB and MIN also don't' like each other that much because of recent separation.

However it's not only Gina buying like cray for sure, let's not forget the shorters. They have to buy back 100m+ shares they have shorted. Probably they were buying a lot today too, of course after seeing there is a serious buyer and it came up on the media.

How much Gina can offer?
    I think it will go around 20c incremental points because both ALB and Gina don't look very generous on investment.

I think TG knew all the this was going to happen he started this bidding war by just accepting ALB's offer. So he wanted to take this to production at the beginning but then he realised that it'd be better to sell it out at a good price.

I have had a chat with TG for 10 min yesterday but he didn't tell me anything special which we don't know. He also asked me if I have already bought my boat at the end of conversation smile.png. I said "No, I was waiting for LTR to start production, and reach to $5-$6 then I would buy it. But it seems I will buy it soon by selling my shares at half price". He laughed.

So keep your faith in TG but no divies anymore. We will get the best price we can get from this takeover.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.970B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $7.836M 6.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39539 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 12600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.