LTR 1.50% 98.5¢ liontown resources limited

I don't know GGG. If I was keen to buy LTR for $3/share, I...

1. 2,107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2149
    I don't know GGG. If I was keen to buy LTR for $3/share, I wouldn't mind paying a bit overs to secure enough votes to get the deal done. Majority of shares would still get sold at $3, so they would still get LTR for very close to $3/ share.

The big question: If it is Gina buying, has she done a side hustle wity ALB or is she buying for herself. We all hope the latter.

I am guessing yesterday's volumeYesterday's was a combination of Gina buying and shorts exiting. As others have alluded to, there were 100 million shorts before yesterday and since LTR has traded over 100mil shares. The shorts won't want to get caught paying borrowing costs and waiting for the SOA to execute. They would rather pay up now and give the shares back. Only way shorts could win now was if the bid fell over.

ALB gave an investor presentation Wednesday night and was gloating over the deal. So that might of been the signal for the shorts this deal wasn't falling over. At least, not for less than $3/share.

It is rumoured Gina was active on our register yesterday. She could of done a side hustle with ALB to ensure they have enough votes to get their deal over the line. ALB cannot vote but Gina can.
    The alternative is she is acting alone however, I agree with @dynofish, Hancock Prospecting would unlikely lob a full bid now for LTR. She could, however, create a blocking stake with the intention of gaining a seat on the BOD and lobbing a bid once we are in production and derisked. This would a make a good Netflix series.

G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
98.5¢
Change
-0.015(1.50%)
Mkt cap ! $2.388B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.01 98.0¢ $18.70M 18.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 21958 98.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.0¢ 504777 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.