LTR 3.66% 99.0¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-32464

1. 2,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2160
    Thank you.. 2007 as stated.
    LTR was part of the borrowed $2mil that I sunk into resource stocks after my son's diagnosis.
    I believed in resources because that's what Australia did well. I spread my money around a mixture of gold, rare earth, nickel and iron ore stocks.
    For some time I had already been picking up a resource stocks magazine from the newsagency and subscribing to some newsletters.
    I read an interview one day with a person considered to be one of the fathers of Australian mining and he was asked who he considered most likely person to make it, from the current generation of miners. He only offered up one or two of names from memory, but one was Tim Goyder. I kept all my magazines for records for many years but I think they must have got thrown out in the last move we did, so I haven't been able to track down the article for keepsakes.
    In 2007, LTR was in Tanzania looking for gold. My first buy was at 32c and it wasn't a large investment. I made a lot of mistakes early on. I was about 10 years too early investing in Lynas. I was an early investor in several junior iron ore companies, including FMG but sold for small profits or losses. I was a terrible trader.
    The fallout from the GFC wiped out my portfolio. I had nearly $2 mil of losses on paper. One share I held onto always was LTR, I think mainly because I was investing in Tim Goyder rather than the project. So I participated in every capital raise all the way down to 1c and even below that.
    Between 2010 and 2015 I hardly looked at the stocks. I found it too painful to be honest. I was buried in my work and family day to day. It was around this time that the bank called me in for a chat.
    Although I had lost interest in shares, I was aware LTR had moved its focus back to Northern Territory then WA. One day I noted the price started to move off its floor. I read where their focus had moved to lithium in WA and I was very interested in this. So I started reading everything I could get about lithium and started ringing the company to try and better understand its projects. I think I jumped on the LTR forum about then too. I started buying LTR again around 6c and continued buying as my confidence grew. I had managed to convince a friend from work to invest in LTR too. I tried to buy in a measured way. I had promised my wife I wouldn't bet the house.
    When Covid struck, LTR was around 12c from memory. We were already living with my mother-in-law, after my father-in-law's death, and we had just signed on an investment property. My friend from work rang me one day in a panic saying the maket was crashing and he had sold his LTR shares. I reminded him Covid was a virus and that, although it would be terrible, it was not the end of the world. I used any spare money I had left after the house purchase to buy LTR down to 6c and then back up to 12c. I was very nervous, given my investment track record, and I felt I had over spent. I kept on my mate from work about LTR and he eventually bought back in around 50c and is now a very happy investor.
    I have made a lot of mistakes with my investments. I have lost money on good stocks that I sold too early. I was fortunate I stayed involved with LTR and was able to identify when they were onto something real and had the fortitude to back myself one last time.
    Looking back, the right entry to LTR was probably around 6c, after they started to define a significant resource at KV and global electrification was about to start in earnest.
    Moving forwards, I will be looking for those tier 1 projects in early stages of evolution, like KV was at one stage. I will be putting my efforts into trying to identify those projects early. I am happy to let others take the early exploratory margins if successful. Having said that, I remain invested in MI6.
    LTR was a perfect storm of tier one project, right management also invested, right geopolitical location and energy disruption ensuring right supply demand equation moving forwards.

G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.035(3.66%)
Mkt cap ! $2.400B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ 99.5¢ 95.0¢ $9.144M 9.445M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 35907 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 30593 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.