LTR 0.55% 91.5¢ liontown resources limited

Considering the hurdles this announcement needs to jump I can...

1. 44 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Considering the hurdles this announcement needs to jump I can only interpret it as a strategy play... can't predict how it will turn out but numerous factors are in play and it will be difficult to satisfy all of them - so Tim has a strong "get out position" as his hole card. Namely...
    “Subject to...
    2. "the Liontown Board unanimously recommending the proposal"
    3. "entry into a mutually acceptable scheme implementation deed"
    4. "subject to approval of the scheme by Liontown shareholders"
    5. "subject to any regulatory approvals"
    6. "in the absence of a superior proposal"
    7. "subject to an independent expert concluding (and continuing to conclude) that the proposed transaction is in the best interests of shareholders".

Condition 7 is going to be particularly difficult to satisfiy at $3 a share or perhaps even at $5. Should any "independent expert" conclude or come to a valuation that was suspect or arguably not in the "best interests of shareholders", or that does not take into considertion the huge free cash flow potential and dividend stream - I imagine there will be a massive outcry from retail.
    We can all do the calculations and conclude that this is a substantial hurdle to satisfy.
    I may even by why the Board insisted on it.

Hopefully, Tim and the Board are playing a risky but very clever strategy to get the fence sitters out in the open and thereby extratct share value to where it should be at mine opening - but still intends to continue on to mining and owning KV. He always said he would.

Loujag - optimist

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
91.5¢
Change
0.005(0.55%)
Mkt cap ! $2.218B
Open High Low Value Volume
94.0¢ 94.0¢ 88.0¢ $20.59M 22.56M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 48924 91.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.0¢ 187120 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.