LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

Thank you @rookstarFirst of all I respect a lot to Tim Goyder...

1. 5,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19114
    Thank you @rookstar

First of all I respect a lot to Tim Goyder and David Richards, and then Tony O and Adam Smith, they have done a great job so far. Some of the other board members also have been great for LTR over the years.

I was making all my future plans as if I was going to get dividends, even though maybe I was the last person whom Tim convinced that LTR were going for mining.

On our conversation with Tim last Wednesday I told him that it's clear on HC that everyone including me was very much disappointed on Monday's takeover anns but I acknowledged that I had to respect his decision. He said it's not his decision but the boards decision. I said "I don't think the board would make a decision against your decision, it's your decision. I said "people are still keeping their faith in you and thinking that you'll pull out a rabbit from the hat, but my thought is that you want to sell this and I accepted that with respect". Also, when I said "I respect your decision maybe you are fed up with financial issues or different thing" (I was meaning the cost blow outs) but he said "No not at all". That was a relief for me. (Also ALB's CEO Kent Masters said on ALB preso that they didn't think that they didn't anticipate any cost blow outs in LTR.

We talked a lot more but I'm not going to give every detail here.

No, I'm not pissed off at all. I'm happy that I have made some good money and will have no financial problems in the future I hope.

First of all Tim is the man who has the control power over this business because he built LTR as the head of the job. So I have to respect his decision even though I don't agree with him. He respects me too even though I'm just a poster here with little shares and I made him very angry two times with my critics. He is a very though and good man and he knows I'm the same kind. No BS.

I said he hasn't got the balls to go to production and that was correct. If he changed his mind and if he don't want to get any more risk that's fine for me. I respect his decision.

I don't want to be greedy and blame Tim. Some here even started to blame me as if I'm controlling LTR. LOL... I'm just fish like you in the ocean. Let's not be greedy guys, whether Tim genuinely wants to sell LTR and doesn't want to take any more risks or not. That's his right to make that decision. It's so simple.

Also maybe he is doing the right thing for us too. We don't know everything atm. There are things we know but there are things we don't know either. Just consider that there might be other things which might give some damage to our business which we don't know.

I even don't want to make any more comments about what's going to happen. We can't change it. Because we don't have enough data to make an assessment of the situation. I prefer to wait and see.

The things I know is Gina was buying before the bid (built 4.9% stake and Tim knew that from the registry) and maybe he thought she was going to make the bid. And it looks to me that Tim triggered the bidding war by accepting ALB's $3 offer.

I don't think Gina is building 10% stake for blocking as there is no hostile takeover offer atm. IMO she wants to have LTR (maybe together with MIN) and will make a counter bid. I'm expecting another bid from ALB and then another bid from Gina again.

I'm not sure if ALB will bid over Gina's second bid as ALB's financial situation is not so good. (Because ALB is not a good operator as Joe Lowry said recently and have not much cash although it's the largest lithium producer).

I think MIN is behind Gina for sure.

I don't expect any PLS involvement in any form.

However I expect another third party bid from a local (WES is my favorite as always) or international company (including Korean, Japan and US EV OEMs) even though it looks small probability to most but not to me. I am expecting huge lithium deficit starting this year and we will see the same very high lithium prices soon. We also know that SC6 sales of Greenbushes is over US$5400/t anyway. It's already high I mean. All of those big battery manufacturers and OEMs are feeling the pressure of lithium deficit even though there are a lots of BS about lithium over supply recently.

These are very rough ideas though. I prefer to just sit back and relax and see what Tim is going to do. I prefer to let him feel our support behind him as I believe he is doing the right thing for all of us.

Dividends would be good to receive as LTR holders, but we will find other good dividend paying stocks in lithium market. I can think of some of them like WES, PLS, IGO and MIN if involves in LTR's bid.

Of course we will keep researching for finding the next LTR too.

Let's wait and see what the time is going to bring us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.970B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $7.836M 6.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39539 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 12600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.