LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

Yes I'm also wondering who is the big buyer at $3.The buying...

1. 5,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19114
    Yes I'm also wondering who is the big buyer at $3.
    The buying orders are big and consistent.

It's interesting to watch.
    It might be Gina's Hancock.
    Or it might be a third party.

Referring to @dynofish's post Post #:69993433 on Saturday;
    All IMO...

I don't think it can be the shorters. Why would they keep the price at or over $3. Not possible. So I'm excluding the shorter factor from the buying pressure.

It can't be ALB Either. It wouldn't be good for ALB if the price stays on or above $3.

It can't be "the large domestic super funds who have been conspicuously absent from our register want in, assuming the scheme fails" either as LTR is under an offer. I also don't think they are switching out of PLS (and maybe other LIT stocks) and buying LTR. PLS and LTR are totally different companies but in same business. If one already holds PLS for a reason wouldn't sell and buy in LTR as LTR is under an offer.

@dynofish said "With the admission of LTR into ASX100 and the FTSE world index, there could be buying from big institutional investors/exchange traded index funds. They would not wish to pay more than $3 as if the scheme succeeds they would automatically lose". This is reasonable but still risky for a fund because it's not certain that ALB will be positive after the DD. ALB may even say "No" after DD just because they may not be able to get the finance as ALB even don't have the cash to finance the acquisition.

The only two options remain logical, it's either Gina or a third party, not even both as there is no competition over $3 IMO.

I said on my previous post;
    "...I expect another third party bid from a local (WES is my favorite as always) or international company (including Korean, Japan and US EV OEMs) even though it looks small probability to most but not to me. I am expecting huge lithium deficit starting this year and we will see the same very high lithium prices soon. We also know that SC6 sales of Greenbushes is over US$5400/t anyway. It's already high I mean. All of those big battery manufacturers and OEMs are feeling the pressure of lithium deficit even though there are a lots of BS about lithium over supply recently".

A third party is highly possible IMO.

Also, another interesting point is that ALB is now making a DD and will make its decision on our project. ALB is the partial owner of Greenbushes and the largest lithium company in the world. ALB's "Yes, DD is completed and it's good for me" decision is going to be a confirmation of our great project for the third party. So the third party doesn't need to make another DD as ALB's DD would be a free of charge work for them. They can just put their counter bid after the DD is finished.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.994B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $6.744M 5.442M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10008 $1.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 11075 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.