LTR 2.53% 77.0¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-33257

1. 2,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2161
    Forgive me if I don't quite understand the logic here. I have passed over some posts about Gina shorting LTR but didn't give much attention to it.

Are you suggesting she shorted LTR and is now covering her shorts and that's why she is buying now? If that was the case she would have to hand back the shares to whoever she borrowed them from, so that doesn't quite add up.

She could short LTR shares as a hedge for the shares she now owns, but this doesn't make any sense for the shares she has bought at $3. Why would you buy at $3 and borrow other shares to sell at the same price plus incur borrowing costs?

I can't see any logic to the Gina shorting LTR argument given she has been buying.

Now there is logic to long term holders shorting LTR as a hedge to protect their investment if there is concern the price may drop and to somewhat protect the large profits long term holders are riding. I had given this some thought in the past but it is easier to just sell some shares directly into the market in my opinion.

I hope I answered your question?

G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
77.0¢
Change
-0.020(2.53%)
Mkt cap ! $1.867B
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 79.5¢ 76.5¢ $7.899M 10.17M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 49526 77.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
78.0¢ 386841 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.