LTR 0.00% 95.5¢ liontown resources limited

Something that is seldom commented on is the practice among...

1. 3,593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2541
    Something that is seldom commented on is the practice among traders of switching between highly correlated stocks through their industry specific exposures. In the case of lithium, that issue is ripe for exploitation. In my opinion it certainly happens. Traders/short sellers and even institutions choose to switch between say PLS and IGO according to their plan and of course these activities can be executed en masse. That way the swings in price can be large.

Right now as LTR is in the media, it will be used as the scapegoat. Those with short term agendas will sell LTR and buy other lithium exposed stocks with the proceeds. It makes sense as they want to keep exposure to the industry while punting they'll make money.

Such moves do not suit many of us for our own reasons like CGT and that we are actually committed to the fundamentals of LTR and do not wish to trade. I am only raising this with fellow Mum and Dad investors to explain that there will be swings and roundabouts as we proceed inexorably to production. For those with the courage to hold their course, there are most likely big rewards. I have various reasons why I do not want to trade. One is that I don't want to be short on LTR when the price rises or there's a takeover offer. I'm not here to trade. But I am here to profit from production and dividends!

reagrds
    DF
    Last edited by dynofish: 17/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.315B
Open High Low Value Volume
97.5¢ 98.5¢ 95.5¢ $9.543M 9.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 203220 95.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.0¢ 31713 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.