LTR 1.92% 92.8¢ liontown resources limited

Hi @TRr,All good and well - it's been an exciting past few weeks...

1. 75 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1331
    Hi @TRr,

All good and well - it's been an exciting past few weeks and hopefully more to come. Like many, I'm in the "No" camp for the $3 T/O so haven't sold a single share.

I did have an interesting catch up with my former Boss who tipped me to look into LTR back in 2019 for them. Similar to some already reported here, he received a call from Gina's broker offering to buy their shares at $3 and was contemplating about it.

The GM at my current employer also checked in with me yesterday wondering what she (Gina) was up to - he used to work in a senior role for one of the Top 20 holder (a local WA businessman); his view is that, if Gina has her own interest in mind by acquiring a substantial stake, he see little reason why it would be adverse for the other shareholders unless her plan is to to take LTR for herself.

Anyway, I had worked out some numbers when LTR provided us the Project (capex) update however it's just not quite there yet as @ChocolateTeapot suggested; I will put them up once the funding mix is sorted.

For the time being; and with reference to my previous post - excluding the DSO; I previously estimated a funding shortfall of $400m as opposed to LTR's project update of $450m; at minimum. They did indicate they may seek more than that - I'm now expecting at least another $100m taking it to $550m.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5662/5662473-eefe6414829601c96dc15f7f51253399.jpg

And in relation to today's announcement, it shouldn't be a surprise. As some of you may know - I'm in the asset investment industry working for a listed company managing listed/unlisted funds - even deals/finance under $50m can have delays up to weeks for whatever reasons. And capital raise does take time unless it's already a done deal among a handful of ultra high net worth investors before the info is made known.

For now, I'm glad Albemarle did not proceed with the $3 T/O saving us from getting a huge tax bill... for now.

As some already noted, if Albemarle and Gina is willing to pay $3/share (premium or not) for LTR. Last I checked; they're in a business of making money - they clearly believe LTR is worth more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.8¢
Change
0.018(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $2.206B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 93.0¢ 90.8¢ $2.500M 2.723M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 63701 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 155001 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.26am 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.