LTR 1.27% 79.5¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-34390

1. 3,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2761
    Hi yacheng...
    I think the issue is multi fold...I tend to agree that the price is being walked down, but why? Short sellers profit from it, yes. When do short sellers cover? When the signals from the market are positive, like rising indicators of EV sales, spot chemical prices bottoming (only small quantities are sold at spot), and global major economies showing growth or stimulus. It seems to me that several of these indicators are showing favourable signs. So as it turns, there is likely to be a reasonably swift rise, and we know there is a major catalyst approaching for LTR...project commissioning and production.

LTR is not yet a producer so there is no tangible impact on value for our company, only on sentiment in the industry. Anyone who examines institutional substantial shareholder notices can see that there is a patient and elongated process of increasing (as well as reducing at times), their holdings. They also switch between stocks to create volatility while managing overall industry exposures where they want. My view is that once we turn on our plant, the sentiment and valuation for the company will respond. It will be too late then to acquire a long term holding at low prices.

I do not believe I am naive in buying gradually while tracking trading. My last buy of 20,000 shares was at $1.555 about a week ago. A family member bought at $1.565 and has an order in the queue at $1.495.

I have an investor view rather than a trader view. I am happy that around current prices there is good value available for a long term investor. Clearly, the institutions who recently paid $1.80 per share thought so too. There is one more factor, and that is the very real possibility of a new takeover offer for our shares! It is always darkest before the dawn as they say, and one day earlier this year we woke up and found our share price up $1.00 in a single day. What preceded that event was months of similar trading activity to what we see now. Also, identical behaviour happened before WES took over Kidman Resources.

I am happy to take my own views of valuation and cues from large investors as well as the company's unique position as a fully funded imminent producer of a strategically valuable chemical product of the future.

regards
    DF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
79.5¢
Change
0.010(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $1.927B
Open High Low Value Volume
78.0¢ 80.5¢ 77.0¢ $8.277M 10.46M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 204721 79.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.0¢ 6257 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.