LTR 4.15% $1.04 liontown resources limited

To be totally honest, I did not feel bad about not selling,...

1. 3,530 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2384
    To be totally honest, I did not feel bad about not selling, because I did not have a crystal ball that would have allowed me to make a clear judgement of the after tax situation I would have, as it would largely relate to the price the share retreated to after withdrawal of the takeover offers. The likelihood of a major pullback was well understood imo and I said so as long ago as June 3. What I did not foresee and what possibly swung the pendulum towards the notion that I should have sold some, was the low price for the capital raise ($1.80). Some on here fail to mention that large institutions with plenty of insights were happy to pay that, and unfortunately LTR management had to suck up the "emergency" nature of the raise.

It is the one blot on the copybook for them not to have made sure we were well cashed up before allowing ALB to up the ante with the best and final offer. In retrospect, it would have been a clever play to raise capital via an entitlement issue that would perhaps have deterred takeover offers. But I imagine this was all debated in the boardroom and may well have been investigated as to the appetite in markets.

In any event, my own tax position and the limitations of being invested partially via my Australian Super account which was well in excess of the 20% threshold at the time, thus potentially preventing me from buying back in that tax advantaged entity, meant I miscalculated (only slightly). I could indeed have benefited from selling, but not that greatly and I COULD have missed out on a sweetened offer if I sold.

All in all, I am totally comfortable with having held my shares as a LTH, as I have total confidence in the value I will accrue in due course. As for those "deplorables" on here who are saying stupid things...to anyone who really understands this company, you should feel comfortable that you will indeed make a great return on your investment...especially from this crazy price we are trading at within sight of production.

There is no huge risk as some would have you believe, we have funding, we have all component parts of the plant either on site or in Perth awaiting transport, we have an incredibly well oiled team building the project, we have a resource that exhibits the best metallurgical properties around and WE WILL BE PRODUCING A PREMIUM PRODUCT. Furthermore, we will be selling that product under the most favourable offtake terms out there which price is related via a formula to the lithium hydroxide price.

I sleep very easy at night!

regards
    DF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.04
Change
-0.045(4.15%)
Mkt cap ! $2.521B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.08 $1.04 $10.81M 10.31M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
33 339507 $1.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 120794 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.05
  Change
-0.045 ( 4.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.06 $1.08 $1.04 2904342
Last updated 16.00pm 14/06/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.