LTR 6.90% 77.5¢ liontown resources limited

I don't think Gina worked with SQM cause she wanted to, she HAD...

1. 2,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 456
    I don't think Gina worked with SQM cause she wanted to, she HAD to. SQM was a keystone investor of AZS and bought 19.99% of its shares, had offtake arrangements made, all from one drill targeting nickel that accidentally intersected a tiny spodumene intersection. Fast forward to now AZS is on the cusp of announcing a monster lithium deposit of global significance and SQM's early investment proved huge. SQM were not in a position to be intimidated by Gina's blocking stake and the last few months show this well.

ALB on the other hand decided to join in the fun late with LTR. It attempted to build a stake, and didn't even go beyond 5% before making the bid. Gina's 19.99% blocking stake is overwhelming in comparison and ALB had no power. The two cases are not the same.

If Gina were to undergo a takeover bid of LTR, it will have to be with a partnership with TG, or with another whale. I was in the impression she had no interest in developing KV with a position of leadership but her recent bid of AZS shows that she is at least somewhat interested. Whatever the outcome it will be good for us.

Last edited by Ragshak: 21/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.