LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

You do know that the fuel excise tax that exits is essentially a...

1. 579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 771
    You do know that the fuel excise tax that exits is essentially a road user tax (without there being a road user tax). Thus, if you drive a RAM or tow a caravan and the fuel used is higher you are essentially paying a penalty for that additional fuel used.

Additionally, what is the mechanism that you would propose to "tax" non-essential fuel usage. How do you classify the famer that owns a RAM for work purposes and then tows a caravan through central Australia on a once in a life-time trip?

If you are going to discuss taxing "non-essential" fuel usage, then you have to flip the coin over to the other side and talk about EVs who currently don't pay a road user tax because they are out of the system at present. BTW, governments won't allow that to continue into the future they will loose to much revenue.

When talking about emissions and therefore ESG you have to take into consideration the whole process from digging up raw materials, to processing raw materials into something that can be turned into a tertiary product like a car. I have read some statistics on comparisons between EVs and ICE cars just on emissions alone and I think that I have read that the battery pack alone equates to somewhere between 4 and 5 years worth of emissions from an ICE car. Don't get me wrong there are other benefits - reduced noise pollution in suburbs, fewer hospitalisations and deaths from noxious gases, etc. These externalities are generally never added into the calculations - primarily because they are so hard to quantify in hard dollars.

I'm not also sure that moving to "green" energy in the short to medium term actually helps these calculations due to the significant increased cost in rolling out this new infrastructure. It all has to be paid for. Moreover there is significant disbenefit from the use of the raw materials for that purpose.

I could go on, but what I am saying is that this discussion/argument has to be balanced using hard data that is verifiable after which an assessment can be made on the pros and cons of going one way or another.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.970B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $7.836M 6.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39539 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 12600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.