LTR 3.90% 74.0¢ liontown resources limited

Yes, thanks, I was aware that people live longer now than 50...

1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Well "no agendas here" isn't exactly correct. The speaker is from the Manhattan Institute, a self-described "conservative think tank" whose mission includes "influencing public discourse". Its chairman is libertarian billionaire Paul Singer, whose resume includes supporting Rudy Giuliani's bid for the presidency, funding Trump's inauguration and opposing taxes of any kind.

Anyway, the presentation itself doesn't question climate change or whether it's man-made or not, so I'm not sure why you're changing the subject. He's trying to make the point that the electrification of energy and transportation will require a lot of minerals. Well no sh*t sherlock, isn't that why we're all here?
    Yes, thanks, I was aware that people live longer now than 50 years ago. Something about sanitation, nutrition and medicines, isn't it? What's it got to do with climate change?

If you haven't observed climate change yourself, you haven't been looking very hard. I'm the same age as you and I've seen extraordinary heatwaves, droughts and rainfall that never happened when we were young. I've travelled a bit, and I've seen ski resorts that longer have snow, Venice underwater due to rising sea levels, disappearing glaciers, the bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef... need I go on?

Anyway, an inquisitive person wouldn't rely on limited personal observations, they would read one of the the IPCC reports. Here you go: https://www.ipcc.ch/report/sixth-assessment-report-cycle/

Figaro

Last edited by Figaro: 21/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.