LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

Without being too critical of this type of reporting, I do have...

1. 579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 771
    Without being too critical of this type of reporting, I do have a few questions regarding the methodology for this study.

Firstly, there is a currently a fuel excise tax that is imbedded into each litre of fuel purchased. How has this been accounted for when comparing fuel v electric charging? Either the excise needs to be backed out, for calculation purposes or there has to be some notional charge added to electric charging. Not doing so automatically builds a bias into the calculations. However, the cynic in me would conclude that not accounting for this helps government to build a particular narrative to support their political aims.

How do the researchers account for the percentage of home (home solar) charging v grid charging? There are a number of reports of increased and increasing costs re public accessible charging of recent times. This is simple supply / demand for grid power. To my understanding, there are really no moves to substantially increase base load power (yes, I know of the solar and wind farms, but these won't be sufficient for baseload power from what I understand).

From my point of view I am very skeptical when it comes to governments (at any level) forcing people to make certain choices. If the electric revolution stacks up economically then people will make that choice themselves. If the economics don't stack up then it (the electric revolution) will fail.

IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.970B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $7.836M 6.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39539 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 12600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.