LTR 3.63% $1.00 liontown resources limited

All fine points, but there is actually one giant pot of gold...

1. 380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1789
    All fine points, but there is actually one giant pot of gold that LTR COULD have access to, and may even be part of the reason they're going to the BMO Conference, which I haven't seen much discussion of.

America's IRA includes multiple potential funding options for the electrification agenda, including both grants and loans, with a well in the hundreds of billions of dollars (yes, with a "B"). The main hurdle to getting access to IRA funding is that you must be an American firm, or you must be a firm based in a nation that has a free trade agreement (FTA) with the US.

Consider this:

1. Australia and the US have had a free trade agreement since 2005.

2. South Korea and the US have had a free trade agreement since 2007.

3. Obviously, LTR is an Australian firm, and their three OTAs are with Ford (as American as apple pie), Tesla (also American) and LG (South Korean).

The tone of the early IRA disbursements has been that they are giving several grants, generally to American firms or firms from FTA nations that are building wafer plants, but when the bulk of the benefit is to firms from FTA nations, especially in the critical metals area, Uncle Sam has been giving loans at extremely low rates (4% to 5%).

Given the current credit markets, a few hundred million at 5% would be a Godsend, end ALL questions about financing, crush any hopes that GR has of sweeping-up crumbs, and set fire to the SS Shorter, causing all the rats to jump ship and creating what might be Australia's biggest short squeeze ever (certainly in a long time).

Of course, this is all my personal speculation, I am not a financial advisor, etc.

May everyone's (long) investments meet your personal needs, and have a nice day!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.00
Change
0.035(3.63%)
Mkt cap ! $2.425B
Open High Low Value Volume
97.5¢ $1.02 97.0¢ $15.30M 15.33M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 92465 $1.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.01 20810 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.