LTR 1.96% $1.00 liontown resources limited

Hi @EgeriaI don't think it is particularly LTR shareholders who...

1. 3,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2421

Hi @Egeria

I don't think it is particularly LTR shareholders who are down on China. My views and comments are directed at the cynical trade war turned bromance that reflects the contemporary Chinese "national interests". The foreign governments (foreign to China) are the ones that have decided to have such critical mineral products declared as such. Why? They recognise the future of the earth to transit towards an electrified economy, as well as feed into their own national interests like jobs in the motor industry of USA and EU has to be addressed.

It just so happens that LTR management has, with significant foresight imo, somewhat positioned itself to profit from what were then, as yet unwritten policies of the west. I can see both sides of this argument...

For the "West" to ignore the Chinese monopolistic ambitions would see industries emasculated. The West was effectively asleep at the wheel allowing these well known monopolies to develop and be sustained for over 20years while doing nothing. Offshoring/globalisation was very profitable, but now the chooks have come home to roost. If nothing is done there will not only be no auto industry, but many other existing or nascent industries will also fail.

Chinese "command and control" economy allowed a smart administration with very long horizons of ambition, to allocate its capital towards the future facing industries that they recognise will bring prosperity without having to worry about getting elected every few years (a massive advantage). Similarly, they are not so constrained by ethics and emissions issues under past climate accords (another massive advantage). I can see they want the best for their people and their own legacy.

China realises that they poked the Western bear a few years ago and it is finally stirring into actual action. Hopefully LTR management foresight will reap shareholders great returns from not only a great asset but also be independent to a degree of the monopolists in China.

Regards

DF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.00
Change
-0.020(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $2.424B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.03 $1.04 97.5¢ $21.57M 21.60M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 379201 $1.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.01 213400 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.