LTR 8.28% 78.5¢ liontown resources limited

I have spent time in Zimbabwe it's a beautiful country but a...

1. 94 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I have spent time in Zimbabwe it's a beautiful country but a political and economic mess. https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2024/country-chapters/zimbabwe
    I wouldn't bank on any stability in supply there.

here's a snippet from earlier this year. "Reports continued to emerge of communities affected by the government’s designation of their land for mining and commercial projects without adequate consultation. In July, a court ordered Labenmon Investments, a Chinese mining company, not to prospect or conduct exploration or any form of mining activity in four villages in Mashonaland East province without following due process and the law. Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights represented communities in Mutoko, Mashonaland East province, against another Chinese mining company, Zim Win Mining Private Limited, which had started lithium mineral exploration activities in their area, resulting in displacement and damage to land and livelihoods. The lawyers asked the Chinese company to “cease and desist from coercing or unduly influencing the villagers to sign any consent forms,” which were vague and lacked specifics as to the “consequences of such mining operations on their livelihoods, farming activities, environmental impact and the exact nature of compensation for the negative effects of the mining.”

Last edited by andye: 12/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.