LTR 2.60% 98.5¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-41774

1. 3,060 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1508
    Certainly an enlightening view backed by voluminous research and unquestionable justification linked to peerless sources.

But I’m just a little uncertain of the scientific basis of part of your commentary here.

Can you help me understand how the “lithium will become dirt”?

My understanding is that:
    1. the lithium bearing spodumene that Liontown will be extracting from underground mining doesn’t have that “dirt” issue that above ground mines may encounter in overburden removal
    2. the level of impurities in the spodumene bearing ore at Kathleen Valley are exceeding low
    3. the first tier and “latest generation” processing plant LTR is moments away from cutting a ribbon for commencement of ramp up operations is very well designed with many thousands of process flow test having been conducted on the design to produce a higher than 6% spod concentrate if desired by market conditions
    4. the waste from that plant has much of it redirected to a paste plant which manufactures paste for lining and filling underground mining voids (“goes back to where it came from” approach)
    5. spodumene concentrate doesn’t have a “shelf life” (unlike those products made from brines which do) and so won’t spontaneous reconvert to “dirt”
    6. LTR have binding offtakes for its significant volume of spod about to be spat out from digging “dirt” which will result in that spod being sold off and further processed - and I don’t think into “dirt”.
    So I’m a little lost on the wisdom you are trying to impart here … can you elaborate?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
98.5¢
Change
0.025(2.60%)
Mkt cap ! $2.400B
Open High Low Value Volume
98.0¢ $1.01 97.5¢ $6.140M 6.190M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 116450 98.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
98.5¢ 143212 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.54pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.