LTR 6.96% 84.5¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-42892

1. 2,122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2161
    It is an interesting situation atm.
    Is China trying to kill the upstream market? How could they execute such a strategy and avoid a severe rebound in price down the track?
    They appear to currently control enough of the upstream market to tip supply into surplus. The only way they avoid a severe rebound in price, in my view, is to build out more China controlled supply while the market is suppressed. This needs to come from Africa or elsewhere. And they would need to build out the new supply faster then demand, which is expected to continue to grow strongly. That's a very big ask. Nevertheless, I am watching developments with interest.
    If the West invested in downstream capacity, it would undermine China attempts to monopolise the market. Then our spod would have an alternate destination
    All this conspiracy theory would make a great movie, but reality will play out differently imo. In all likelihood, as the market matures, the lithium price will settle higher than where we are today and people entering LTR today will do just fine. Not investment advice.
    G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
84.5¢
Change
0.055(6.96%)
Mkt cap ! $1.879B
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 84.5¢ 77.5¢ $8.188M 10.19M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 104665 84.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
84.5¢ 191043 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.35pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.