LTR 6.33% 84.0¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-42918

1. 5,969 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20917
    @Egeria
    It doesn't matter whether you are a holder or non-holder as long as your intention is not downramping we can discuss the opinions here of course.

"We can't even produce less than 6% when our high quality feedstock completes the WOF process circuit".

Again it's correct. Because we have high grade ore which gives a constant and very good particle distribution size in the process and we have state of the art process plant which all of the other lithium producers admire, we don't have to do much to produce 6% spod.

What you said is also correct and inline with what I said;
    you said "Final product grade is what you target for a given recovery rate it is not a given or solely determined by head grade, it is based on how well the plant performs".

Our head grade is over 1.5%. It's fixed. (unless we feed the lower grade DSO ore)

Our plant is state of the art. It performs very well. You will hear more about it later on.

KV's WOF circuit is nothing similar to the Wodgina's WOF circuit. All the other producers including PLS knows how good it is. But LTR management keeps its details as trade secret. It's completely designed specially for KV project.

LTR uses state of the art floatation cells from Metso.
    "Metso RCS flotation machines - Versatile solution offering maximum recovery at the desired grade"

WoF (Whole-of-ore floatation) means no DMS in the circuit, only floatation. It's an old design actually in conventional terms. It has a broad meaning. Yes Wodgina has no DMS but they use ball mills and conventional flotation circuit.

You can see MIN's MIN Wodgina project update on May 2018.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6398/6398103-fde8b65ec1d57ab36f759a3dd8997330.jpg

You said "Final product grade is what you target for a given recovery rate it is not a given or solely determined by head grade, it is based on how well the plant performs".

I play a lot with that formula you put on your post. The better version of it is here. I write it in couple of different ways.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6398/6398056-d6bb8b40b0e0db3a536fd39b6552ac2e.jpg
    All of the factors in the formula play a role. You can increase one for example head grade or the plant feed then the target factor will change. But this formula is theoretical. It won't work precisely for every plant.

These are my excel plays with that formula.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6398/6398125-b4fbb2c4d9cc20f542c6b6ff228b2a02.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6398/6398128-09f63567c504c4ace17ac7b00ed83847.jpg

It's clear in this formula that every mine can produce SC6 if they want but it'd cost a lot of money. If they don't have a high grade (over 1.2%) then they have to increase the plant feed according to the formula as you can see. But would it be enough to get SC6? No, it'd be very expensive.

Yes only MIN produced SC6 in their Mt Marion Mine in 2019 and 2020 but not sure if it was complying the iron content limitation of SC6. Then they gave up because of the feed grade issues I think. Now they even produce very low grades down to 3.9%.

Is the 3.9% grade a sweet spot? I don't think so. That was the grade of their DSO ore in 2019 and 2020. They used to produce 4% at that time.

By that "Sweet spot" logic Greenbushes should have been producing 5.3% by lowering the plant feed or or head grade. But GB is not doing it. DO you know why? (I don't know)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
84.0¢
Change
0.050(6.33%)
Mkt cap ! $2.037B
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 85.5¢ 77.5¢ $14.49M 17.70M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2992 84.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
84.5¢ 190527 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.