LTR 2.52% 77.5¢ liontown resources limited

You aren't suggesting LTR will make a profit at these lithium...

1. 2,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2163
    You aren't suggesting LTR will make a profit at these lithium prices are you? Even PLS profit will plummet further if these prices persist. PLS yearly profit this year heavily influenced by their first half year profits, when the lithium price was higher. LTR has to deal with expensive commisioning and ramp up costs, as well. If these prices persist, we will be in heavily in the red this year imo. What will be our options then? I'm sure the sharks are already circling.
    It is a shame, as a couple of years ago it looked liked we had timed our production start up perfectly. Nobody could forsee the rapid rise of crap lithium coming out of Africa or China. It only matters that the crap product was enough to tip the whole upstream market into surplus, allowing China to feast on better product coming from elsewhere at cheap prices. Now they are taking our product at close to the cost of production, and even have our ourselves canabilising each other, hence PLS P1000 and P2000 projects. It is heading the way of a few big players supplying the market in the future. Will LTR survive? I don't know anymore.
    I'm lucky in that I have taken enough profits off the table already, even though I left a lot on the table, too. If we get into trouble, I would support a capital raise in the future to keep us independent and hopefully see us through this cycle. However, I know there must be a lot of people not in the same situation, and problably hoping for a takeover. I've always called it as I see it. I hope I am wrong.
    G
    Last edited by Goldilocks: Yesterday, 18:22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
77.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.52%)
Mkt cap ! $1.897B
Open High Low Value Volume
79.5¢ 79.5¢ 77.0¢ $4.485M 5.740M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 301 85.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.0¢ 3500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.