LTR 3.45% 75.0¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-43434

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    The Biden Admin is looking into subsidising the US critical mineral miners operating costs to protect the relevant US industries.

GR is calling for Aus Govt financial support to reduce Aus critical minerals miners’ AISC in order to compete against China. TO and other CEOs have made similar public statements.

Yet, something remains unresolved.
    That being the continuing indirect subsidy by US and Aus govts of China’s import of critical minerals.

Unless an additional protectionist policy is implemented and enforced, it would seem that these subsidies (from taxpayers money, of course) are not doing anything to increase the market price of critical minerals.
    Revenue for the same volume exported does not increase, even if the cost of production decreases.

That means China continues to buy them cheap. So if I were China, I’d happily keep quiet and continue to subsidise the low grade high cost mines in China and Africa. The imbalanced competitive status quo is maintained.

How is this political solution even sustainable for the US and Aus economies over the longterm?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
75.0¢
Change
0.025(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.818B
Open High Low Value Volume
73.5¢ 75.5¢ 73.0¢ $8.192M 11.01M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 825699 74.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
75.0¢ 321345 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.