LTR 5.39% 79.0¢ liontown resources limited

Not to mention the noise! EVs would be incredibly quiet compared...

1. 263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59

Not to mention the noise! EVs would be incredibly quiet compared to all the 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines—about the loudest thing you’d hear is a few beeps, haha.

On a lighter note, I’m not sure how many people here were into RC cars as kids (shoutout to the ‘90s kids!), but I loved them. I always dreamed of owning one of those gas-powered nitro cars, but all I had were battery-powered ones that ran for 5 minutes and then took hours to charge. As a kid, it was the worst. Meanwhile, I’d watch others with their nitros, filling up in seconds and zooming off.

Here’s where I’m going with this. It wasn’t until brushless motors and LiPo batteries became affordable and accessible that the gas nitro cars started to seem outdated. The performance, reliability, and ease of use of electric RC cars eventually blew nitros out of the water, and they became a niche hobby for die-hards. The 2-stroke engines were loud, often broke down, and so many places banned their use. Over time, nitro cars just faded away.

This is exactly how I see the shift to electric vehicles. We’ll look back at internal combustion engines (if we’re not already) and wonder, “How did we ever put up with that?”

Anyway that's my 2c for today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.