LTR 15.6% 70.5¢ liontown resources limited

ASX Today, page-44140

1. 9,116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17925
    Not surprised. I posted on the issues with lepidolite in this post and the fact it is not a long term solution - yes can be used to manipulate prices short term but longer term lepidolite is problematic, with further info around specs and issues in Post #: 71667622

In summary:
    1. China's lepidolite is low grade, meaning higher cost of extraction and processing.
    2. Lepidolite has higher impurities than spodumene even when both resources grade the same in terms of Li20. As a result the lower grade plus plus higher impurities make processing costs much higher for lepidolite.
    3. Back in Jan 2024 it was stated in the press that 70% of concentrate destined for the Chinese chemical conversion process (i.e. into carbonate production) was rejected by chemical producers. I suspect that product would be lepidolite based IMO.

@TrayonRanger posted an article a few days back around a car fire caused by battery failure - that battery was produced in China was the quoted source. Not sure what the input was into the battery - i.e was it a spod or lepidolite source base - but if I was to speculate the higher deleterious elements in lepidolite too me makes any battery produced from lepidolite unreliable. I just wonder how much cost cutting was done to produce lithium carbonate from a lepidolite source. I will leave it at that.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.5¢
Change
0.095(15.6%)
Mkt cap ! $1.709B
Open High Low Value Volume
62.5¢ 72.5¢ 62.5¢ $15.07M 21.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 51094 70.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
71.0¢ 119852 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.56pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.