FAR 2.00% 49.0¢ far limited

ASX200 Submission, page-8

1. 5,060 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    As I understand it, S&P look at about the last 3-6 months of trading to consider eligibility.
    According to the AFR, FAR is ranked 286 in terms of Market Cap as of COB Friday 14/11.

Rebalances are done quarterly, announced on the first Friday of Mar, Jun, Sept and Dec.

IMO the success of FAR has come too late in the quarter to be considered for December inclusion, but I think the March rebalance is a good chance to see us in the ASX300, ASX200 might be a bit further down the track.

If you look at the current ASX 200 list by MC, there are a number of smaller companies than us in there.  Remember, that's where they are now, not where they were when they were included, and they are now candidates for being booted out.  I have held DTE and SLR as they were removed, both were in there longer than I expected.

AHY, LNG, TNE were the last additions to the ASX200 in Sept, and they are all well over $1B in MC now.  Healthscope replaced Wotif in October.  The 200th ranked company for MC is about $750M.  However, not all of the top 200 tickers are eligible for the ASX200 for other reasons.  Regardless, I think there are quite a few candidates ahead of us for that one.

I've noticed that a good day trading technique is to buy additions and short deletions between the ann and effective date, and close those positions after the effective date, as a lot of the funds seem to swap their positions on the ins and outs during the closing auction on the effective date.  Small margins, personally my low trading volumes would see any profits on that technique gone in brokerage fees.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 52.0¢ 48.5¢ $101.9K 200.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 48741 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 1786 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.