No Justis, when you came to Australia from South Africa and took...

1. 9,100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17717
    No Justis, when you came to Australia from South Africa and took citizenship you became Australian. If you consider yourself South African then don't complain when Australians (i.e. the ones born here) think multicultralism is failing. I don't think it is failing but statements like the one you make give many that sentiment - so did you support South Africa in the cricket or Australia?

I was born overseas and became Australian and live like an Australian. And I still think we got ripped off in 2006 at the World Cup when playing the country I was born in - oh ye I supported Australia in that game too.

On refugees, I don't beleive we should be taking anymore because we can't afford them given budget position, they are unskilled by and large and basically need government benefits to survive and we don't know what we are getting (which is the biggest concern now). My dad was a builder so when we came out he could work and support us, without drawing govt benefits. I suppport skilled migration by the way and do not care where people come from and first crime immediate deportation (and it includes on me).

If we are forced to take refugees as such then I prefer taking the most persecuted, been the Christians in the middle east who get screwed over completely (and I know that by the fact I stayed there for periods of time in the 1990s). The oil rich Arab states rather than lecturing everyone should be taking the muslim refugees by the way IMO (but they don't but still like to lecture) until things settle (and in this case Malaysia should pull its weight with so called Burmese refugees).

And this is coming from someone many here consider me a so-called leftie.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.