SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

That was a great webinar & to hear how Gary confirmed &...

1. 539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    That was a great webinar & to hear how Gary confirmed & crystalised my thoughts on how AT&T & Verizon both viewed themselves as an entertainment company not as a telecommunications company. That is a significant point for a Telco company to be transforming themselves to become an entertainment company...and what's also interesting is how they see SYT CSP platform as being integral to this transformation.
    As mentioned by Gary that we are now into the 4th wave of mobile development:

1st wave - text
    2nd wave - text/sms
    3rd wave - data
    4th - Content ( OTT audio & video )

Verizon was steadfast in building an inhouse solution for sponsored data platform and to provide OTT solution but were smart enough to recognised that SYT had the most advanced/comprehensive end to end solution/platform and hence the contract that resulted with Verizon.
    Both these entertainment giants view the SYT platform as the technology required to be able to bring OTT content to consumers mobile handset similar to what tv stations brought to tv sets.
    If the biggest Telcos in the US are transforming themselves. You have to start wondering which other Telcos will soon be following suit with such a model?
    As Rahul stated "every telco in the world would have a need for the SYT csp".
    Freeway has establish a sponsored data section for SEA, LATAM & Africa where majority are on prepaid mobile plans. Also the recent Subscription section for countries such as USA/Australia where data is relatively cheaper however OTT content would consume large amounts of data and could put a big dent in your data plan.
    Imagine the deep pocket advertisers that will follow and mobile advertising spend is estimated to double from $17 billion market within the next 3yrs.
    What all this means as a result is that I believe SYT will carve it's place as a leader in this multi-billion market place just on the freeway product alone and we haven't even launched the other sleeping revenue giant called dataflex....exciting times ahead..GLAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.