CCV 0.00% 21.0¢ cash converters international

It's the truth Charlie whether you like it or not.The issue I...

1. 2,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    It's the truth Charlie whether you like it or not.

The issue I have is that reliance on TA can often lead to poor investment decision making.
    Maybe CCV will fall to 10c, maybe it goes to 3.2c. When you accept the judgement of the market that makes you "wrong".

The question of not to buy at 15c because the price may fall to 10c is a fraught one.

If you have a firm view backed by solid evidence that a business is worth more than that (a solid value investing tool like NCAV may draw people to CCV), no debt and look at your investments in terms of 3-5 years plus timeframe then who cares if it falls to 10c or 1c
    For me the shareprice is noise, I can't know where it is
    going. I just buy things that are cheap.

Until someone can post a simple explanation of why TA works it's best to ignore it. Remember any method widely followed becomes useless in markets.

So you would need to explain not only how TA works but what your "edge" in TA is over all the other people doing it. With access to time, the same platform, of presumably equal intelligence.

There is no shortage of speculators in the markets IMO.

Value investing is effectively a character trait - for those
    who have an independent mind and are prepared to buy stocks as they are "falling" in price. We don't make that judgement though, to me the price is always fluctuating.

Its great your contributions are highly valued so keep that up, in fact this thread is called "at these depths where is the downside". Which you provided an answer to.

My answer to that is any company can go BK (your margin of safety being a strong balance sheet/cashflows), so be prepared for 0 especially with microcaps.

The stock price can always go lower, driven by trader speculators. How stupid can people get - there's no practical limit to the idiocy of speculators.
    Just look at Tesla.

The value investor doesn't take a view, doesn't buy because the price will rise or sell because it will fall. She or he just likes to buy things cheap and if they get cheaper buy some more. Dollar cost average.

People should choose the approach they want to follow but just understand that our ideas are mutually exclusive. Warren Buffett & I, anyone who learned value investing from the Ben Graham school (i.e the only school of value investing) do not speculate on shareprice fluctuations. Do not ever use TA because we think it's bullshit.

Find me a list of billionaire trader speculators and I will dig up my list of billionaire value investors who all came from the same intellectual town of "Graham and Doddsville". Everyone knows where it is but it's still not very popular.

That's why it still works really well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $131.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 21.0¢ $69.25K 329.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 338115 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 129616 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
21.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.18 %)
Open High Low Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 21.0¢ 339879
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
CCV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.