FGE 0.00% 91.5¢ forge group limited

Thanks for your comment Cam, always appreciated. I agree with...

1. 1,255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    Thanks for your comment Cam, always appreciated. I agree with what you say. Speculating on the share price is a fool's errand and those who do so deserve what they are served up with.

However, those who invested in Forge as a business have a right to question what has happened. There is always a risk involved when investing, and especially so with EPC companies where failure to deliver on the terms of any particular contract can have some serious financial penalties.

Up until this point in time, the Forge management team have done a very good job in terms of delivering a suitable return to investors. They completed projects on or ahead of time and budget, they managed the slight margin compression of recent times, they were growing the business well (although in retrospect, perhaps a little too quickly), they were generating great cash flow and very healthy returns on equity, as well as a healthy dividend return to shareholders. This to me suggests that they were delivering on investor's interests. This was over a number of years, not just in the very recent past, indicating a quality of operation worthy of a carefully considered risk-weighted investment.

In the past month, seemingly out of the blue, we are faced with a situation where management appear to have ceased managing the operation. It is their job to manage the operational risk of these projects, not the investors. The investor can confine themselves to the investment risk.

As a result, to continue as a going concern, the company may be forced to conduct a ridiculously diluting capital raising (remember the price of the raising is irrelevant, it is the share of the business that that price purchases that is of interest). This will have a serious impact on the investors in the business, not just on the share price speculators.

Investors deserve answers from their management team.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.